Demar Hamlin has been released from an Ohio hospital after going into cardiac arrest

Demar Hamlin was released from an Ohio hospital on Monday, a week after he collapsed on the field during a nationally televised game against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Hamlin was taken to a hospital in Buffalo, New York, where he is expected to continue his recovery process before moving home.

Dammar Hamlin was released and returned to Buffalo. I flew to the airport this morning with UCLA’s Air Care and Ambulatory Care staff, including my teammates who were on the field with us when Damar Hamelin collapsed, said Dr. William Knight IV, a professor of emergency medicine at the university. from the Cincinnati College of Medicine.

Knight added that Hamlin “still has a little bit of a way to go in terms of his ongoing recovery.”

Hamlin walked his first lap on Friday, after his breathing tube was removed early that morning.

“He’s definitely on a very normal even accelerated trajectory from the life-threatening event he underwent, but he’s making great progress,” said Dr. Timothy Britts, MD, chief of general surgery at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. Vice President of Clinical Operations at UC Health.

Hamlin chirp His Monday afternoon special message: “Grateful for the wonderful care I received at UCMC. Happy to be back in Buffalo. The doctors and nurses at Buffalo General really made me feel at home!”

Knight described Hamlin’s release as “probably the most horrible discharge we’ve had in a long time.”

Doctors said the decision to send Hamlin to Buffalo came after his condition improved from what they deemed “critical” to “fair or good” Monday morning. This meant that his organ systems were stable and improving, and he no longer needed intensive nursing care or respiratory therapy.

Invoices He said On Friday that Hamlin was able to speak to his family and care team and FaceTimed at a team meeting, telling his fellow players, “I love you guys.”

His condition continued to improve over the weekend, according to UC Health. Hamlin’s live Sunday reactions to the Bills’ game against the New England Patriots. Doctors said that when teammate Nyheim Hines ran to running back 96 yards for a kickoff, Hamlin jumped up and down, accidentally setting off alarms in the ICU.

Hamlin, 24, in his sophomore season in the NFL, has been the target of football fans’ unwavering support since a cardiac arrest in the first quarter of last week’s “Monday Night Football” game at Paycor Stadium.

He made what appeared to be a routine tackle of Bengals receiver Tee Higgins before appearing to limp and fall backwards.

In the field medical staff He rushed Hamlin and performed CPR on him before transporting him to the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, where the player was treated until his release on Monday.

It remains unclear whether the treatment contributed to Hamlin’s cardiac arrest. Doctors at the University of Cincinnati said last week that they are considering whether Hamlin may have suffered a “fork heart,” a rare phenomenon in which sharp force on the chest can cause a healthy heart to stop beating during a narrow period of the cardiac cycle.

In an update Monday, the medical team said Hamlin will likely need to undergo tests and evaluations to determine the cause of the accident.

“We think he’ll recover well from this,” Brits said. “He has a great positive attitude.”

Last week’s game in Cincinnati was postponed and ultimately cancelled, leaving the Bills and Bengals — both considered leading Super Bowl contenders — with 16 resumes instead of the 17 all other NFL teams have.

The Bills, who beat the New England Patriots in an emotional game in Orchard Park, New York, on Sunday, finished 13-3, one-half behind the Kansas City Chiefs (14-3) for first place in the AFC. seed.

The Bills gave Hamlin a standing ovation prior to that game, and Hamlin’s jersey number, No. 3, was designated blue at the 30-yard line. The crowd also cheered the medical and athletic coaching staff who helped save Hamlin’s life.

Had the Bills won last week’s game in Cincinnati and finished with an even record of 14-3, Buffalo would have finished first in the playoffs and in the first round. Instead, the Bills finished with the No. 2 seed and will host the Miami Dolphins on Sunday in a wild card round.

Under normal circumstances, if the No. 1 and No. 2 teams met in the conference title game, the No. 1 seed would host. But given the unprecedented turn of events in Cincinnati last week, NFL owners have agreed that the Kansas City-Buffalo game for the AFC title should be played at a neutral site and not at Arrowhead Stadium, which is considered one of the most hostile home stadiums in football. . .

Leave a Comment